Tuesday, September 24, 2024

My Body Created to Look the Greatest Anywhere

  -in 1984 I came home from High School

-I had just bought Green Lantern 173

-a new direction. He had just returned from a year exiled in space

-the STYLE of the ART and STORYTELLING

-I really got in to. It came off with a light tone

-it was my favorite comic I had seen

-and I got my first real look at the villain MONITOR

-in a Death Star style satellite with his identity disguised. He had a Monitor screen he could put on people

-I had once before caught a brief glimpse of him in an Australian reprint of his first appearance in New Teen Titans. But it hadn't registered with me

-like I thought it was the greatest comic I had seen. Of the Monitor. Who could put his screen on anyone

-maybe my body was set up. With the many features or faults. Coming together to really mean the greatest body design possible

-like I thought it was about the GREATEST COMIC I had seen

-in one version of me I might have been Beast Boy when he was very young. He would keep telling jokes. Like in Revelations the multi-animal body part of the BEAST. The Beast too. That creature might mean I have the greatest body

-he and the Doom Patrol first appeared in My GREATEST Adventure

-he could become different animal bodies. Maybe some how in him becoming me on our planet. My body was shaped to be the greatest looking body. Maybe anywhere. Maybe even in the history of space

-that day I bought the Green Lantern comic. When I got home I fell down on my bed wet from rain and looked through it

-I once saw a slide of me aged 1 or 2 standing showing me in full naked. In my grandparents' garden at MAXWELL Drive. A slide like the Monitor's screen

-GREATEST ADVENTURE / GREATEST ANYWHERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Body Created to Look the Greatest Anywhere

    -in 1984 I came home from High School -I had just bought Green Lantern 173 -a new direction. He had just returned from a year exiled in ...